1 head cabbage
1 tbsp seat salt
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar (fermented)
1. Leave about 6 of the outer leaves to the side for later. Cut the cabbage into thin strips. The thinner, the better. Take your time doing this! No need to rush our cooking. Enjoy the process of creating meals to develop a stronger connection to our nourishment.
2. Boil a pot of water and be sure to soak a cleaned empty jar in the hot water. This step is actually crucial. We need to make sure the fermentation happens in a clean environment or else it will go moldy!
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, apple cider vinegar and salt. Using clean hands, work through the mixture thoroughly. Our intention is to soften the cabbage so crush and mix the cabbage until it feels much more different then the original form.
4. Begin to pack cabbage into jar. Use a utensil that will help to really pack it in. Roll those 6 outer leaves up and help to pack the top of the jar to make sure there is no left air at the top.
5. Seal the lid tightly and store somewhere dark, like the cupboard. Store for at least 20 days before consuming. Once seal is opened, store jar in the fridge. Enjoy!
5/28/2023 06:49:35 pm
I enjoyed reading your blog, thanks
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.