HOW TO POACH EGGS
1. Boil water in a kettle. This is actually the best trick to boiling your eggs. I know most of us know this but some don't. I certainly didn't do this five years ago.
2. Pour boiling water into a small pot with a dash of vinegar. I only ever have apple cider vinegar but any type will do. It doesn't matter about the quality here, it is just vinegar we need. Count for one second as you pour it in and stop, it does not need to be much at all!
3. Slowly crack the egg into the water. Don't worry - the vinegar will help keep it together, even if the water is still boiling.
4. After about one minute, give the egg a small stir. Be careful not to break the egg but we do this just to make sure the egg hasn't been stuck to the bottom. Major sads if you scoop it up and the yolk breaks at the bottom!
5. Wait roughly 4 minutes. I usually just look at the egg to decide if it's done. I would rather mine undercooked then overcooked any day so sometimes I'm quick to draw. Remember, that yolk is more nourishing if the yolk is soft! We always want to make sure we don't kill the vitamins and minerals from overheating the yolk.
Voila, happy brekkie.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.